The way to a full-body workout with amazing results with kettlebells
Have you heard the buzz about the all-in-one strength and cardio workout that works every muscle in the body at once? There’s a reason why professional athletes and A-list celebrities are joining the Kettlebells revolution-and now you can, too!
With numerous step-by-step photos throughout, Kettlebells For Dummies gives you everything you need to use kettlebells to safely improve strength, endurance, flexibility, joint durability, agility, mobility, athletic movement, and proper body alignment. Whether you’re in your teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, 60s and beyond, you’ll discover how this fast-growing fitness phenomenon can boost your metabolism and help you lose weight by mastering numerous kettlebell exercises.
- One of the most effective workouts for burning fat, building lean muscle, and achieving core strength
- One-hour workout can burn as much as 1,000 calories
- Named one of the most popular fitness trends in 2009
Whether you’re a self-proclaimed gym rat or have never lifted a weight, Kettlebells For Dummies shows you that it’s easy to use kettlebells to achieve a full-body workout that yields amazing results.
Get into the swing of kettlebells and benefit from an all-in-one cardio and strength workout
There’s a reason why professional athletes and A-list celebrities are getting into shape with kettlebells — and now you can, too! Packed with step-by-step photos, this friendly guide gives you everything you need to use kettlebells to safely lose weight, boost your metabolism, and become strong and lean.
- Get the skinny on kettlebells — find out how a kettlebell workout is different from other fitness programs, the many ways in which your body will benefit from it, and the gear you need to get started
- Shape up or ship out — get friendly advice on essential hip and spine alignment and on the breathing techniques you’ll use in your workouts
- Get into the swing of things — follow step-by-step instructions for getting the hang of fundamental kettlebell exercises
- Master the moves — kick your kettlebell workouts up a notch with intermediate and advanced moves that will take your training to new heights
- Take special note — equip yourself with special routines if you’re a young adult, a baby boomer, a senior, pregnant, an athlete, losing a substantial amount of weight, or rehabbing from an injury
What you’ll find in the book:
- The origin of kettlebells, what they are, and how to use them
- Essential safety considerations
- Advice on picking the right size kettlebell
- Where to buy kettlebells and which traits to look for
- Tips on setting up a home gym
- Warm-up and cool-down stretches
- Photos that illustrate a wide range of exercises
- Form correction for common errors
- Workout routines for every level
Learn how to:
- Work all your muscle groups at once
- Improve your strength, endurance, flexibility, agility, and body alignment
- Burn fat, build lean muscle, and achieve core strength
- Boost your metabolism and lose weight